The Vernal Victim Advocate Program (VVAP) is housed in the Vernal City Hall building at 374 East Main Street Vernal, Utah 84078.
Our mission is to provide victims of violence in Vernal City and Uintah County with resources and assistance to eliminate physical, psychological and sexual abuse as well as stop the intergenerational cycle of family violence.
The VVAP uses a staff of employees and volunteers who provide:
- 24 hour crisis intervention services for domestic violence and sexual assault
- Advocacy support
- Assistance in completing paperwork for protective orders and civil stalking injunctions
- Help to create a safety plan
- Justice court victim support
- Community resource information
- Education regarding cycles of violence
- Information of victim's rights
We can be reached by calling (435) 789-4250 or after hours by calling the emergency dispatch line at (435) 789-4222.