HOME OCCUPATION LICENSES
HOME OCCUPATION are classified in two categories:
- Minor Home Occupation-will not have a significant impact on the neighborhoods in which they are located and are considered to be secondary and incidental to residential use. Home occupations that do not have an off-site impact that materially exceeds the off-site impact of the primary residential use alone is not required to pay a license fee.
- Major Home Occupation determined to have a combined off-site impact that materially exceeds the off-site impact of the primary residential use alone.
These major home occupations shall meet all requirements and pay the necessary fee:
- In-home child or adult care businesses;
- Businesses that require or attract more than five (5) vehicle trips per day, including but not limited to package delivery, client visits, and employee trips;
- Businesses that have employees who live outside of the residence;
- Any home occupation that the combined off-site impact of the home has been determined by the City to exceed the off-site impact of the primary residential use alone after having inspected the home occupation in response to complaints from surrounding property owners.
No business license or permit is required for a home occupation that is:
- Operated only occasionally;
- By an individual who is under 18 years of age.
The home occupation may request to receive a business license from the City so long as the administrative fee associated with producing the business license or permit is paid.