Business Licensing

Thank you for your interest in locating your business in Vernal City!
 A valid Vernal City business license is required for all businesses that are located within the Vernal City corporation limits. The definition of business includes every craft, occupation, profession, or activity engaged in for the purpose of gain or economic profit.


The business license department is responsible for issuing business licenses to all persons who conduct business in Vernal. Our regulations are found in Section 5 of the Municipal Code.


A general business license may require approvals from a variety of agencies such as the Tri-County Health Department, Utah Department of Agriculture, and the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing.

License Renewals

Business licenses must be renewed annually. Business license renewals for Commercial, On/Off-Premise Alcohol, and Major Home Occupational businesses can be completed by calling the Business Licensing Office. (435-781-7143) Monday-Thursday 8 a.m-2 p.m & Friday 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
  1. Rachel Tribe

    Business Licensing
    Phone: 435-781-7143

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3

Business Resources 

click on the pictures below for more information

OneStop Online Business Registration Opens in new Opens in new windowUtah Department of Alcohol Beverage Opens in new windowUtah State Tax Commission
DOPL Opens in new windowag food Opens in new windowlogo Opens in new windowUintah Basin Association Opens in new window
naples Opens in new windowTriCounty Health Department Opens in new windowuintah county Opens in new windowvernal chamber Opens in new window Opens in new windowwomens center Opens in new window