Alcohol Licenses

Businesses selling alcoholic beverages must obtain both city and state alcohol beverage licenses. The city license and local consent approval must be obtained before applying for a state beer and/or liquor license. Separate licenses and fees are required in addition to a general business license. The sale of beer and/or liquor is also subject to a special (occupational) tax by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms of the U.S. Government.
Vernal City Alcohol licenses are classified as follows:

  • Class A: On-Premise Retailer
  • Class B: On-Premise Restaurant
  • Class C: On-Premis Tavern
  • Class D: Private Club
  • Class E: Single Event
  • Full-Service Liquor


A minimum of 21 days should be allowed to gain approval of the City alcohol/beverage license and sign the local consent form. State licenses are normally approved by the State Liquor Commission on the fourth Friday of each month.

Alcoholic Beverage Control

Contact the State Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control if you plan on having any alcohol at your location. Please contact the State Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control at:
State Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
1625 S 900 W
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Phone: 801-977-6800 

Related Documents