Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
TO OWNERS OF PROPERTY WITHIN THE PROPOSED COMMUNITY REINVESTMENT AREA IN DOWNTOWN VERNAL.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, pursuant to the provisions of Utah Code Ann. § 17C-1-806, that the Vernal City Community Development and Renewal Agency (the “Agency”) will hold a public hearing on the draft project area plan and budget for the proposed Vernal Downtown Community Reinvestment Project Area (the “Project Area”) to be held December 15, 2021, at 7:15 p.m., or as soon thereafter as possible, in the Vernal City Council Chambers at 374 East Main, Vernal, UT 84078.
The purposes of the public hearing, as required by Utah Code Ann. §§ 17C-5-104(3)(e) and 17C-5-302(2)(e), as amended, will be to: (1) allow public comment on the draft Project Area Plan and Project Area Budget for the Project Area (respectively, the “Project Area Plan” and “Project Area Budget”); (2) allow public comment on the Project Area Plan and the Project Area Budget and whether each should be revised, approved or rejected; and (3) receive all written objections and hear all oral objections to the Project Area Plan and Project Area Budget.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN of the following:
(1) A map and draft legal description of the boundaries of the Project Area that is proposed for project area development is enclosed with this notice.
(2) Property tax revenue resulting from an increase in valuation of property within the Project Area will be paid to the Agency for project area development rather than to the taxing entities to which the tax revenue would otherwise have been paid if one or more taxing entities agree to share property tax revenue under an interlocal agreement and the project area plan provides for the Agency to receive tax increment.
(4) The Agency has requested an estimated $3.6 million in property tax revenues that will be generated by development within the Project Area to fund a portion of project costs within the Project Area. These property tax revenues will be used for the following: mandatory housing allocation as required by statute, payment and reimbursement of infrastructure costs, incentives to developers, Agency administrative expenses, and other expenditures as authorized by law. These property taxes will be taxes levied by the following governmental entities, and, assuming current tax rates, the taxes paid to the Agency from each taxing entity will be as follows: Vernal City - $187,000, Uintah County - $825,000, Uintah County School District - $2,093,000, Uintah Water Conservancy District - $157,000, Uintah Mosquito Abatement District - $74,000, Ashley Valley Water and Sewer Improvement District - $0, Central Utah Water Conservancy District - $114,000. All of the sales taxes to be paid to the Agency for the development in the Project Area are taxes that will be generated only if the Project Area is developed. All concerned citizens are invited to attend the project area budget hearing as noted above. A copy of the Project Area Budget is available at the Agency offices as described below.
(5) The recipient of this notice, or other interested parties, may submit to the Agency comments concerning subject matter of the hearing before the date of the hearing.
(6) Any person objecting to the proposed Project Area Plan or Project Area Budget or contesting the regularity of any of the proceedings to adopt the Project Area Plan or Project Area Budget may appear before the board at the hearing to show cause why the Project Area Plan or Project Area Budget should not be adopted.
(7) The draft Project Area Plan and Project Area Budget are available for inspection at the Agency offices located at 374 East Main, Vernal, UT during regular business hours.
All taxing entities are invited to consult with the Agency regarding the Project Area Plan and Project Area Budget prior to the hearing. If any interested person desires to meet or has questions, please contact the Agency at (435) 789-2255. The map and legal description of the proposed Project Area are enclosed with this notice. All interested persons are invited to submit to the Agency written comments on the draft plan or budget before the date of the hearing to the Agency at 374 East Main, Vernal, UT or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning at the intersection of Highway 40 (Main Street) and 500 West (SR-121) running north along 500 West to the intersection of 500 West and 100 North thence east on 100 North to 300 West, thence north to the intersection of 300 West and 200 North, thence east along 200 North to the west property line of Uintah County Parcel 050240015, thence north and then west and then north along said property line to the centerline of 250 North (approximately 230 W), thence directly east through the 100-200 West block to the centerline of 100 West (at 250 N), thence south to the centerline of 200 North (at 100 West), thence east along 200 North to 200 East, thence South to the intersection of 200 East and 100 North, thence East to 500 East thence north along 500 east to the North property line of parcel 050370002 thence east following said property line to the Northwest corner of said property and thence south along the easterly property lines of parcels 050370002, 050370003, 050370004, and then East along the South property line of parcel 050370004 back to 500 East, thence South to the North property line of parcel 0503700008, then continuing east along the north property lines of parcels 0503700008 and 050370013 to the northeast corner of parcel 050370013, thence South along the East property line of parcel 050370013 and continuing South to the centerline of Highway 40, thence East along the centerline of highway 40 to the East property line of parcel 050390009, thence running South and then West along the East and South property lines of parcel 050390009 to a point along the East property line of parcel 050400001, thence South and then West along the East and South property lines of parcel 050400001, continuing West and then North along the South and West property lines of parcel 050400002, thence West along the north property line of parcel 050400033 continuing west to the centerline of 500 East (at 100 south), thence following the centerline of 500 East south to the south property line of parcel 050310110, following the south property line of parcel 050310110 West to the center of 200 East (at approximately 375 South), thence West along the south property lines of parcels 050320014, 050320162, 050320040, 050320156, 050320053 continuing West to the centerline of Vernal Avenue, thence North to the intersection of Vernal Avenue and 300 South, thence West along 300 South to the intersection of 200 West and 300 South thence North along 200 West to the intersection of 200 South and 200 West, thence East along 200 South to the intersection of 100 West and 200 South, thence North along 100 West to the intersection of 100 South and 100 West, thence West along 100 South to the intersection of 100 South and 500 West, thence North along 500 West to the intersection of Highway 40 and 500 West or point of beginning.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during the meeting should contact the Vernal City Manager (telephone 435-789-2255), at least 24 hours before the meeting.